Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Bring the table to me, Gilbert"


The above image was taken sometime in Jan 08. Every year during this time, my best friend Denise throws a massive celebration we call Denisemas. Traditionally, after an evening singing Denisemas carols with close friends, we end the evening hugging each other in a drunken stupor. However, the point of the above picture is to point out HOW FAT I WAS (all caps for added emphasis). Seriously, at that point I seem to be one step away from official ZIP code status.

Cut to December 08:

Excuse the messiness of the bedroom behind me. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I look like that. Yes, it was brutal. Yes, I got sick, big sick. Yes, I can't eat anything and this makes me a social bore since eating rituals are an integral part of social interaction. Dammit, though, I look like that.

3 comments:

julie said...

You look so amazingly good. So amazingly. (Repeated for added emphasis)

Question: You got sick really? or what did you mean?

signed,

confused

Germán said...

I got sick because my scar tissue healed faster than my stomach stretched. This happened three time and I was in the hospital each time. Each time it happened I hadn't eating ANYTHING in two weeks time. Weak and fatigued, this is how i spent my summer!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the health progress, you minx.

I miss seeing you - maybe you should book yourself one of those BOI - SIT tix. Yeeeeahh.